Monday, September 21, 2009

I don't have a lot to add to my previous discussions on MonaVie. We haven't been trying to build it as a business, we've just been using the product. And more so my wife than me personally.

I've also run into something called 'Fruita-vie' at Costco, which is about 1/3rd the price. We still have a few bottles of MonaVie left, so we haven't tried the Costco 'version', but it is disheartening to think that people who are building a business out of Monavie might be up to competition with Costco for their product.

I think, if you're building a business like this, a network marketing business, you really have to consider your product. If it's something that people can get at the store for 1/3rd the price, then those at the 'bottom' of your network are going to get stuck with overpriced product and quit.

Many network marketers clamor on and on about how it's 'the business' or you're 'selling yourself'... but to me, if the product isn't something unique... something that you just can't get anywhere else at ANY price... then you're going to run into the same attrition problems at the bottom of your network.

When we run out of Monavie, we'll be buying a bottle or two of the Costco brand, and I'll be able to give you a practical comparison. Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment